Colour or Momochrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour or Momochrome

Just wanted a no nonsense answer regarding coloured sounders, I am looking at buying a new sounder for my open tinny, I am only poking around the creeks so the water i am in is never too deep. I have always used a monochrome sounder and swear by them. I should move with the times and make my new sounder a colour but am very reluctant to fork out the extra money just to be trendy. My biggest fear is spending a lot of cash and not being able to read the colour screen clearly when in direct sunlight as I can with the monochrome. The GPS in my car is the same you have to angle it right to get a perfect display. And secondly I understand that instead of the bottom in 4 shades of grey it is now a multiple array of colours. Do I really need to know this info? What is the general feeling out there are the coloured ones that good or am I better off spending my cash on a tried and tested Monochrome.

Most of the new do ok in sunlight but may have trouble if wearing polarized sun glasses. If you are running shallow water may not be a big advantage to color. I have the Lowrance HSD and it works very well but I go offshore and fish reefs and wrecks.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X