Sticking shifter rod in a ox66 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking shifter rod in a ox66 200

I have a 2000 yamaha ox66 200 that the shifter rod is sticking. I have greased it with no help, does anyone have a good fix. Thanks

Bent or worn only fix would be to replace. Pinpoint that is the problem first. Disconnect the shift cable? remove the lower unit ? If your trying to shift out of the water and not running and having this problem it's normal.

Comment

Not the cables already unhooked them and tried it they are very smooth. I greased the grease zerk. So you think the next step is to take the foot off and see if its in the foot are in the shaft in the motor? Thanks for the help

Comment

Exactly. Process of elimination. Also make sure your linkage is adjusted correctly. Remember out of the water you will have a difficult time getting it into fwd and rev. with the shiifter.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys but i think im going to have to pull the power head. I pulled the foot sat.and still no luck with it looseing up.So i think the next step is pulling the power head off so i can remove the shaft.

Comment

Working...
          X