slow to fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow to fast

I have a 2008 25 yamaha,throttle handle.As I try to excelerate smoothly it go from slow to fast. Also, this is the tuffest motor to crank. Thanks for anybodys help.

Motors are suppose to go from slow to fast as you turn the throttle up, but not all at once if that is what you are talking about.
    What all have you done to this motor as far as maintenance?

Is it a 2 or 4 stk?
    Does it have a choke or prime start?
    Have you cleaned the carbs.
    Do you use the owners manual starting procedure?

Comment

Thanks for your help. As I throttle up slowly it jumps from slow to fast and I have to throttle back to about 3/4 throttle. I have used manual controls on outboards for about 45 years and this is my first Yamaha. I bought it new and yes it has not been used as much as I wish to. It has about 10,12 hours on motor. I have read the manual about starting and If I use it about once a week starting is ok. I't just If I let it sit about 2 weeks and then I't difficult to start. Again,Thanks for your help, Larry

Comment

sounds like the tiller cable, if it has one, is hanging up or you are just twisting it too far too fast

Comment

Remove upper motor cowl and turn throttle slowly while checking for smooth operation of cable/carb controls/linkages on motor. You may have some type of kink in cable or linkages. Action should be very smooth. I spray my carb controls with WD-40 or similar. Throttle can't be like an on/off switch. Good Luck!

Comment

One other thought is that your twist grip throttle on the tiller handle may have some dirt or corrosion in it and need to be removed, cleaned and greased for smooth operation.

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
              One other thought is that your twist grip throttle on the tiller handle may have some dirt or corrosion in it and need to be removed, cleaned and greased for smooth operation.
              Thanks for your help, will follow your instructions, buzzard bay

Comment

Working...
              X