markle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markle

F-40 carbs.I'm rebuiding the carbs on a buddys F-40 and drilled out the goofy brass tamper-proof plugs covering thepilot screws.My question is,why are the bottom 2 screws backed out about a 1 1/2 turns off seated and the top one only about 3/8?It appears to be the original factory setting.Any suggestions or experience out there?Just Don't seem right!Set them back to where they were?This thing has never run run great from the day he bought it a few years ago.I wonder if this might be part of the problem.

It would help if you gave the full model # and serial # so that someone with the same motor could give you the advise you are asking for.

My advice is to get a manual for your motor and see what it says to do. You will need to do a link and sync procedure and then adjust the pilot adjusting screws after warm up.

My opinion is to adjust all 3 the same and see how it runs, and adjust from there. My 2 stroke 1999 C40TLRX spec calls for all 3 to be 1 1/2 +/- 1/4 turns from lightly seated

Comment

markle

Thanks 99Yam40.It's aF40TLRZ,A2001 I think.My factory Manual don't give any pilot jet adjustment specs,but I really did'nt expect any,w/those B/S ''tamper-proof'' plugs in there.Please don't report me to the EPA! I think I'll take your advise and try 1 1/2 turns apeice.Thanks,I'll keep you posted.

Comment

yes the Z says it is a 2001.
        The manual you have is it a owners manual or the service/repair manual?
        Owners manuals do not give very much info in way of specs.

Comment

markle

Yea,I've got the yammy factory service manual in disc form,but I could'nt find any adjustment specs for the pilot screws?Think they don't want us to mess w/emissions related stuff.So much for ''tamper-proof''.They've been tamperd with now!Think we'll start at 1 1/2 turns each and go from there.Thanks,we'll let ya know.

Comment

Working...
          X