150hp Carburettour Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150hp Carburettour Model

Is there anything I can do to the carb system to make more fuel efficient? Like replacing the jet pins, or converting to EFI. I've heard rumors, thought I'd ask the pro's first. Google didn't turn up much

They say that motors will burn fuel at about 10 percent( gallons) of their rated HP per hour running at WOT. 150 HP=15 gal per hour.You have to find the RPM that your boat and motor is the most efficient.
    The newer EFI motors are more efficient and are designed that way, you cannot just add that to a older motor. If you install smaller jets you will trash the motor, they are designed to run the jets they have in them.
    Find yourself a different motor if you do not like the one you have

Comment

You can run the right prop, keep your hull clean, keep hands off the throttle, check: Yamaha Outboard Performance Bulletins for your boat/motor most efficient running RPM's. It gives GPH, MPG, MPH at all RPM's...Slower is not necessarily the most efficient. My 90HP jon boat is best at 3500RPM's, at 5500 it's just sucking the tank dry! Check it out and good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I think the old girl has to go into retirement now! It was pushing a Yamaha Longboat 29ft a not too heavy boat, it's just not economical to run anymore, never had any problems at all with, probably the best built Yamaha I have ever owned, given the conditions it's amazing the condition it's in today.

Comment

thats a big boat for a 150, great motor i have a 175 that i think it will outlive me and iam only 41.

Comment

Working...
          X