1989 - 130hp and a newer digital tach conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 - 130hp and a newer digital tach conversion

I have a new digital multi-tach (2006+) and was wondering if I could possible use this with my 1989 130hp. The tach is brand new and would love to somehow convert it so it worked. Can it be done? If so, what monitoring systems would I lose if any? If it doesn't work or not worth the conversion, which tach, gauges should I look into purchasing? bare minimum I would like rpm, temp, oil and trim. They don't have to be lcd, I'm just looking for functionality at the cheapest price possible.

Also what should I try to get for the new digital on Ebay if the conversion doesn't work out?

Thanks Much!

The 2006 gauge wont work, you can use 6Y5-8350T-82-00 digital tach, 68F-82553-70-00 trim/oil harness and 6R3-ADPKT-93-94 adapter harness to connect engine harness to gauge harness. Would also need 6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge power harness.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hey thanks for the part numbers!

Although I thought there was a way (remove connectors and splice here and there) to rig this tach to function but loosing a minor gauge or two but keep rpm and temp. Well I found this post today and it might have some relevance. Looking further into it now with crossed fingers.

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...-a-th7655.html

As for your suggested route can you give me a ballpark on price for the cables.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X