Fuel pump VST filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump VST filter

F115 engine fuel VST filter replace. At the suggestion of my local marina to NOT attempt the VST filter cleanout, I did it anyway It went well but A little tricky after taking off the black intake silencer(using a 9" extension w/u-joint & 10mm socket for the bottom bolt) and repeating to myself each step.

I removed the intake manifold and the air cooling tubes together in one step which turned out to be a great thing since the book said otherwise. So I got to the last bolt (long standoff piece on bolt) at the bottom of the cooling tubes must be loosened but will not remove since bot. cowling in the way so it comes out intact with cooling tubes and goes in same way,

Then, I did not have to remove the engine harness just all the sensor plugs on top, Tip, entire manifold will fold forward and rest on bot. cowling, bungee unit to lift ring on top so harness doesnt pull away. then on back side of manifold is the fuel assy the yellow tipped bolts secure this assy so leave them secured until you get to this point else assy may fall away luckily I caught mine, crefully remove the fuel & water lines

I removed the fuel fitting(tight Oring fit twist out) on bot of rail instead of breaking factory seal on fuel line. Then six scews on fuel vst must be carefully removed with the proper scrrewdriver dont screw this up after that pull up on top piece exposing fuel pump, VST filter lightly attached to bottom clean it out w/brake cleaner do not mess with the float or needle valve, clean out tank and screen then reassemble same way check all tubing lines three times.!!!!! May need someone to help reposition the manifold on gasket with little notches that line up,

Yamaha designed this so sweetly so it wont fall out while putting back bolts, grease the back of metal gasket to hold in place against block, remember to secure senders at top as well as standalone yellow oil pressure thing.
    Clean out the silencer with degreaser liquid and rinse out and dry it also with a hairdryer. check all sensor plugs again and again, WHen you pump up the fuel again purge the valve on top of the rail to get all air out of lines so when you start it, it should crank right up. I used a spin on filter since the boat was new so I had little debris but there was enough in the tank to cause some blockage at highest draw.

Good Luck All 10mm bolts and some 12mm
    Last edited by fishon195; 12-18-2009, 09:06 PM. Reason: add model #

which motor ?

Comment

F115 2001 or later With VSt fuel chamber

Comment

Working...
      X