hard starting 2000yami c90tlry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard starting 2000yami c90tlry

here is one i cant figure out. very hard to start when cold. after starting and running,outboard runs and starts like a champ. changed out primer bulb, new water seperator filter,spark plugs,electro thermo-valve,cleaned out carbs(spotless)still same problem. what is the voltage on the thermo valve? the shop manual specifies to check with 12 volts. for retraction .but all i get while cranking is 3.8 volts or so. can someone please give me any suggestions. thanks,lee
    Last edited by huntinglee; 12-16-2009, 11:37 AM.

Pump bulb until hard, throttle lever in full closed position, make sure small red "emergency enrichening" lever on front of middle carb is in "normal" position, be sure emergency shut off lanyard is attached, turn start key, motor should start up after a couple of quick tries. If motor still doesn't start and you suspect the Prime start is not working then put red "emergency enrichening" lever in "emergency start" position and motor should start right up, then trouble-shoot/repair prime start. Good Luck!

Comment

Read this post on prime start system to help you understand it or do a few searches to find more info.

Rodbolt and Yamaha Prime Start - Awesome - iboats Boating Forums

Comment

Working...
      X