2005 VX200 oil tank and temp indication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 VX200 oil tank and temp indication

I recently purchased this motor and had it installed on my '96 Basscat. My boat has a BP100 Superdash display that I would like to hook my 2 oil tank level alarms and temp alarms to. I purchased the service manual for the motor but cannot figure out which wires in the two main harnesses coming from the motor to the console will indicate these alarms. A Yamaha wiring connector won't help me since this display is no longer manufactured or directly supported by Basscat. Any ideas?

What kind of alarms are in the dash lights,buzzers or gauges and what kind of control box and key switch do you have Yamaha or other.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The BP100 display has a single oil light that flashes on/off if the engine and sub tank oil levels get too low and stays on if engine temperature gets too high. It will also flash on/off if there is not at least 12VDC on it which is the case now. The wiring diagram which came with the display ('96 vintage) shows a green wire for the TAC and a pink wire for the trim position for a Yamaha motor. I have successfully hooked both of these up and they seem to work fine. The same diagram shows a gray wire for engine temp and a green/red for boat tank level and yellow/red for motor tank level. There is a gray wire and a green/red wire in the harness from the motor that can be hooked up but no yellow/red wire at all. None of these have 12VDC on them when the key is on so I doubt these are the correct wires. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to answer your question. The remote control throttle/shift/trim is a flush mount Yamaha type and the key switch is also Yamaha (a stand-alone type flush mounted separately to the console dash)

Comment

I finally reached Basscat on this and spoke to someone knowledgeable with this display. He told me that hooking this up properly with a Yamaha motor requires a special wiring harness with built-in resistors that is no longer available and not worth the effort. He advised that I hook the wires affecting the oil alarm on the display to an ignition wire to prevent it from flashing and depend upon the built-in Yamaha alarms likely installed with the controls and key ignition to alert me of any problems with low oil levels or temperature. You agree?

Comment

Yes some displays will blow sensor on the engine if not properly installed most of the sensors on Yamaha are on the ground circuit if the display connects 12 volts to them it will damage them.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X