1987 90etlh Oil Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 90etlh Oil Pump

I Ordered A New Oil Pump From A Local Dealer. The Oe Number Was 6h1-13200-01-00 It Was Superceeded To 6h1-ws132-00. When I Went To Install It I Couldnt Get It To Mate Up It Appears To Need A Spacer Plate. It Did Have A Adopter Plate And A Stud And Bolt. No Instructions Was In The Box. Has Anybody Done One Of These Before.

here is another person with the same problem
    TNBassman
    Cadet

1985 Yamaha 90 oil pump help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I ordered a new oil pump from boats.net for my 1985 Yamaha 90ETLK and they sent me what they say is a superseded oil pump part# 6H1-WS132-00-00 along with an adapter, new linkage and check valves for the oil lines. Has anyone tried to install this pump because I could not get it to fit. The holes do not line up by about an 1/8th of an inch because the bottom of the oil pump hits the block. Even if I did get it to fit I have no idea which cylinders to hook the lines up to, their not marked. Or dose it matter? What should I do? Should I return it and use my old one that I don't have any idea how many hours are on it. Can I just rebuild the old one? If so where can I get an overhaul kit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just got my powerhead back from getting an overhaul because the center cylinder broke a ring and lost compression and I don't want to do this all over again.

Comment

You do have to use the adapter plate with stud, some blocks you still had to file the block down a little to get pump to seat properly. It doesn't matter which oil line gors to cylinder but make you install check valves in oil line and install them with arrow pointed toward engine(needs to be installed in direction of oil flow).
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X