2002 twin 150 Yamaha HPDI'S fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 twin 150 Yamaha HPDI'S fuel problem

I have a 25’ Angler with twin 150 Yamaha HPDI’S. My problem is that one engine will idle at 1200 RPM at the dock for approximately 5 minutes and then shutdown (if it stays running, while underway, after approx 5 mins - it will then shutsdown - never comes up to speed) It will restart and again idle for a couple of minutes then shut down. it was determined that I had ethanol and salt water in the fuel. I have had the fuel removed and also replaced the following items: racor fuel filters, eliminated fuel management flow valves, engine check valve, vapor seperator filter, electric fuel pump, engine fuel filter, and the problem still remains. (fuel pressure reading at mid pressue fuel pump is maintaining 60 PSI) My question is that is there a chance that the fuel injector screens are clogged ? The other engine appears to be running fine, but I have not had the opportunity to really bring it up to speed in open water. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Need to have it checked with diagnostic computer to check high pressure fuel pump and injectors. Also check TPS and idle control, shouldn't be idling that high.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Twin 150HPDI fuel problem

Thank you for your response. The normal idle RPM is approx 600 RPM. Even though I recently changed the VST filter - it has been run with the bad fuel, and I am now in the process of replacing this filter to make sure that fuel is getting to the high pressure pump. My thoughts are that this filter could possibilly be clogged. As far as the idle rpm goes, I was manually running it at a high idle. Between the water and the ethenol in the fuel it may have plugged this filter. Thank you again
      Jim
      Key Largo

Comment

Rebuild OR Exchange Yamaha injectors?

anyone know a good source to either rebuild, or exchange my injectors?

Comment

Flagship Marine Engines Co., Inc.
          200 E. Ann St.
          Punta Gorda, FL 33950-6006
          Ph: 1-888-282-2840

They can rebuild the injectors as well as the HPDI high pressure fuel pumps.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Cleaning Injectors

Thanks for the info on Flagship, however, they were closed for 2 weeks, so went with Hydrotecn Marine in Nixa, Mo - - - Boat has been down now since we arrived in the Keys - 2 months ago- now every week counts -
            thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X