Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Send wiring

Hi,
    I recently bought a 2000 19' Mako originally equipped with a Merc. In '03 a Yamaha 150TXRB was installed. When the new engine was installed, it appears the trim send was disabled/ disconnected at the engine harness. There is a solid gray wire (when plugged in causes alarm buzzer), a black/Green wire and another black wire that goes to the send unit(two wire) which has a pink and black wire. It seems that a wire is being left out because only the gray and the other black wire is going to the pink and black wire on the sending unit. But there is obviously no "circuit" because the sending unit black wire does not connect to anything. Sending unit and gauge works when bench tested!

Any help would be appreciated. I have looked everywhere for a wiring diagram showing the sending unit connection and cannot find. I think it just may have been mis wired.

Thanks!

It should have a trim/oil harness between trim gauge and engine(part number 68F-82553-90-00) it connects to the two off white colored square connectors on engine and to square connector on trim gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Trim Send

Thanks for the reply! Is it possible to find out what the colors of the wire in the square connector are supposed to be? It appears they have been "depinned" and capped. So I'm not sure which ones are for the trim and which is for oil or other.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        It should have a trim/oil harness between trim gauge and engine(part number 68F-82553-90-00) it connects to the two off white colored square connectors on engine and to square connector on trim gauge.
        Thanks for the reply! Is it possible to find out what the colors of the wire in the square connector are supposed to be? It appears they have been "depinned" and capped. So I'm not sure which ones are for the trim and which is for oil or other.

thanks

Comment

Gray Overheat Light
          Black w/Red Tracer Oil Level Green Light
          Green w/Red Tracer Oil Level Red Light
          Pink Trim Indication
          Black is ground
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...