F90 and CommandLink tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F90 and CommandLink tach

I recently purchased a 2010 Yamaha F90 and want to install a Command Link tach. My question is, can the tach be connected directly to the ECM without the use of a HUB (single hub or multi hub)?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

You can use a inline hub at transom in place of the multihub, the inline connectes pigtail bus from engine to main bus wire going to hub at console.
    You would need
    6Y8-WE83S-70-00 Tach kit
    6Y8-81920-11-00 inline hub and one main bus wire, choose one;
    6Y8-82553-50-00 10ft
    6Y8-82553-11-00 15FT
    6Y8-82553-21-00 20FT
    6Y8-82553-31-00 25FT
    6Y8-82553-41-00 30FT
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Many thanks!
      The part numbers listed actually are crossing to 2006 and later 2-stroke engines. Do both the 2-stroke and 4-stoke outboards use the same CommandLink parts? Also, the in-line hub shows it being a 4 to 6 pin adapter. Is that correct?

Comment

Yes 2006 and newer HPDI(2 stroke) and 4 stroke fuel injections models use same Command Link componets. The inline is 4pin to 6 pin hub.
        I forgot to mention you would need one pigtail bus wire per gauge, probably either a 6Y8-82521-11-00 2ft or 6Y8-82521-21-00 3ft pigtail bus wire
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for all the help! To make sure I've got this right before ordering the parts, this would be the assembly process...
          Starting at the ECU, I would connect the pigtail bus. the pigtail bus would connect to the in-line hub. From there I'd use a main bus wire and connect to the tach.
          Seems awfully simple. Would there be enough room inside the engine cowling for the pigtail bus and the in-line hub?

Comment

Yes except that the main bus wire connects to hub at console and then install pigtail bus wire between tach and hub at console. If add more gauges just connect them to hub at console.
            CL InlineHub Diagram.JPG
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the help and the diagram sheds great light. I got to ask though, do you have the list that corresponds with the numerical inserts on the diagram?

Thanks.

Comment

Give me your email address and I can send it to you.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks!
                  Please email to scott.cicero@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X