Stripped Out Spark Plug Threads 150 Etxh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped Out Spark Plug Threads 150 Etxh

HI, I HAVE A 150 ETXH 2 STROKE AND MY SPARK PLUG THREADS CAME OUT OF HEADS DUE TO CORROSION, ANY SUGGESTIONS, IT IS A OLDER MOTOR AND I CAN REPLACE HEAD WITH USED OR NEW, BUT NOT SURE IF WORTH IT DUE TO AGE BUT MOTOR OTHERWISE RUNS AND WORKS FINE, THANKS MATT ANNAPOLIS MARYLAND........

Probably be a matter of how corroded is rest of engine, pull head and see what inside water jackets looks like. If engine is ok then replace head.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

You can also put a heli coil in too.

Comment

Spark Plug Threads Stripped

, Thanks For The Reply, I Did A Heli Coil Early In Season On 1 , The 2 Stroke Oil Leaked Out Between Thread And Head, ?
        Thanks For The Help

Comment

Yea I got some blowby on mine too but it's a check fix until you can do it right.

Comment

I had the threads come out on a 115 Evinrude once. The Yamaha tech drilled the hole out and re inserted a thread bushing. Had to let it set from the adhesive for like 6 hrs, run the engine at low rpm until the the engine was hot. Let it set until cool and then run it normal until hot, re torque the spark plug. Worked like a champ.

Comment

Spark Plug Threads Stripped

i have come to the conclusion i need new or used cylinder heads, does anyone have any thing good or bad to say about putting on a set of used cylinder heads , my factory manual shows a diagram of decking/polishing them in a figure "8" patter, sorta a in shop milling? thanks,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by JUST-IN-TIME
                use a time-sert, trust me, i do this for a living

and help cheap customers out,

This must have bee what our mechanic used and not a bushing. Bushing was the best way I could describe it. Any yes, it works great for low dollars.

Comment

Working...
                X