Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha 225 throttle problems

Hey Guys,
    I've had nothing but problems since July trying to get the motor to throttle up. It just coughts, sputters and back fires when ever I try to hit the throttle. Idle's just fine. I've had the injectors cleaned, the fuel filters changed, and the throttle position sensor changed. NEED Help!
    Thanks,
    Davidemo

Did you set the tps with the software? It is a lean condition. Look for air leaks at the intake side of the engine? More details on your engines and set up would help.

Comment

No, the mechanic only changed the tps after another one checked it out with the software. The engine is a 2004 225 4stroke. I'm done to finding guys on Craig's list because the first "authorized" yamaha marine center couldn't find the problem and just kept charging me.

Comment

Synchronize throttle body and throttle linkage and then reset TPS. Check cam belt timing. Check compression to test condition of valves(do a leak down test if compression uneven). Have idle control valve tested.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks,
          I plan on taking it to "another authorized" dealer. I've already have over a grand in these repairs.

Comment

Working...
          X