need help f60 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help f60 problem

Here is the problem if i have one i have a 06 f60 on a 16'' express boat and it's top speed is 30mph since the day i bought it new well i went on a little boating trip over the weekend and two of the guy's there had 50hp mercury 4-strokes on 18 foot boats and they would run 42mph top speed and there boats are heavier than mine they just leave me like i'm sitting still out of the hole then to top that a guy came with a 25hp yamaha 2- stroke and we ran dead even the boat has always ran this speed i just didn't know any better i looked at the prop to see the size and pitch but we could not read it but it was the same size as the 25hp and the two 50hp motors had a much bigger prop can someone please help me the dealer ship would not help me thanks

look up your boat and motors performance on this web site and see what prop is listed and compare to what you have on your motor. You may need to pull prop to find info

Performance Bulletin Home

Comment

well i looked at the boat performance charts for my boat and it all looks correct for what my boat is doing i just can't figure out why a 50 horse on a bigger boat is running 12 mph faster than me and it sound's lke it has power but my motor sounds like it is in a bind i think i can see a new boat in the near future

Comment

my rpm fully trimed out by my self in the boat with a full tank of gas is 6100 with 3 people in the boat 5800 and with 3 people in the boat it takes me about 50 to 60 yards to get out the water the motor just sounds like there is no power and it kills me to see a bigger boat with alot more weight in it just run off and leave me like i have a big anchor tied on to me and what makes me so mad is he was running a 50 and i have a 60hp is a mercury just that much stronger and faster than a yamaha or what and another thing it has ran like this from the day i got it brand new

Comment

Working...
        X