F150 TXR timing question(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 TXR timing question(s)

I recently purchased a 2008 4 stroke F 150 TXR that was damaged in a on trailer accident which caused the damage to the motor cowling and resulted in a broken exhaust valve pulley gear. I am in need of sugestions on repair to ensure no further damage is done. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, da-fly

I would suggest you get the service manual to ensure you get belt timing right before starting engine. You can get Yamaha manual at www.yamaha-motor.com
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

There are lots of places to find manuals on line, look at this thread
      http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=361373

Comment

Some of the posts on that thread said they got a copy of the factory manual for $9.99 and just down loaded it from the web

Comment

you will have to replace the timing belt , the pulley and all the broken - damaged parts.make sure the camshaft is not bent .
          do not spin only the camshaft itself to untight the pulley, the valves may touch the pistons or the oposite valves (intake) and bend.
          no good.
          be carefull when you work on these timing belts, and check the setting and the belt tension several times before you try to start.
          good luck
          frenchy

Comment

Working...
          X