1999 vmax 150 waterpump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 vmax 150 waterpump

My question is. I myself just replaced the water pump, for one the little plastic barb fitting broke off replaced it then contined putting everything back together. fired it up pee's like a horse. But i noticed it will smoke for a couple of minutes and then followed by that its like steam comming out of the exhaust as well, kind of like a bad head gasket on a car. Now its like 60Degrees here. Is this normal? I just bought the boat so i don't know the personality of the motor. Is the water pump leaking into the exhaust or what, or is this normal? I'm thinking that big o ring in the housing didn't seat correctly I don't know Thanks in advance

Smoke and steam coming out of exhaust is ok but if steam coming out of tell-tale hose then there may be problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

From what i can see it is stictly coming out of the exhaust. What is a tell tale hose? Somebody said just to make sure pull off the cowling and check temp at each cylinder with a infared temp checker, that the temp shouldn't exceed 160 to 165 no matter what the ampient temp is. Thanks for your help

Comment

Heavy smoke just at initial start-up is normal due to fuel enrichment circuit (choke). Tell tale = water outlet hole...aka pee hole.

Comment

Working...
        X