electric shift problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric shift problem

I have a 2001 150 ox66 f.i. Boat has 2 stations single engine. Had problem with lower helm not shifting into gear, went to upper station and shifted normally. Boat mech here said cables need to be replaced. Now all 6 cables have been replaced, will not shift at all from both stations, thottle works fine. Has electric shift setup, 1 box with thottle and shift cables with throttle cable going straight to motor, another box with with shift cable and 3 wire electric cable between boxes. Belive we have an electrical issue. I need a wiring diagram if possible, the shift box has a 10 wire connector. Where does this box get its power supply? Also trouble shooting trouble tree would be a great help.

Give me your email address and I can email you a copy.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

electric shift yamaha outboard

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Give me your email address and I can email you a copy.
      my e mail address is od9@yahoo.com. thanks for replying, this has me stumped, no one in this area seems to have any info on this system.

Comment

Originally posted by od9 View Post
        my e mail address is od9@yahoo.com. thanks for replying, this has me stumped, no one in this area seems to have any info on this system.
        Thank you for the service manuels. After checking all the leads for this system we found that the connectors are all the same and can be plugged in to each other except for a few wire difference's. It seems that Yamaha uses the the same type of connector for all of the harnesses. We found two connectors plugged in wrong. We now have the shift working. I am keeping this site in my favorites for future reference. It was a great help. Suggestion though, maybe Yamaha should key the connectors different. Thanks again. Joe

Comment

Working...
        X