Still have that ruff idle issue; Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still have that ruff idle issue; Help please

Ok, I have shocked ring free; link and sync, timed, changed pump bulb, and still have a ruff idle and in gear (*****) speed shake. It not real bad, but not real good either. Idle tach is 850 and in gear is 675. Pick up, cruise and wot is fine. Tach at wot is 5300 with trimed out tach at 5600.

I guess my next step is rebuilding the carbs. I looked in the parts section but didn't see a carb kit.

What I need is a kit that has the all the new jets, seats, gaskets, o-rings......

Or some other suggestion before I break down the carbs

What about the crank case hose(s). Are these vacum lines and if one is bad will it cause a ruff idle symptom?

Comment

When you post questions about a motor you need to tell us what it is before we can help.
      If my memory serves me correctly, you have not disassembled the carbs completely yet and cleaned as you were told to do.
      If you need parts after you get into it, order them. Kits do not include jets.

Comment

Opps, sorry about that. It is a c60 and no I did not tear down the carbs yet. I was going to order the rebuild kits before I torn them down and cleaned them. But, promise, I am going to tear them down.

Is there a link to the C60tlry carb kits? I found the parts but is there a "kit" that I need specifically for the three carbs?

So, will the hoses that are listed in crank case parts effect a rough idle if they are bad?

Comment

The carb kits are listed under Repair Kit 1 tab, here is the link, number 20 is carb kit Yamaha Outboard Parts 2000 C60TLRY REPAIR KIT 1 (C60TRY) Diagram
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Cool! So, each carb would require a $77 kit and each kit has everything, minus the jets that I will need?

Comment

I believe you only need one kit, It should cover all 3 carbs.

The kit for my C40 did not have the o-rings for the needle valve seats included.

You may want to find out what all does come with it and see if you want or need anything else and maybe not want all the things that come in the kit.

If you do not need the floats, needle, arm pin, seats, and the pilot screws, it may be cheaper to just order the parts you do need instead of the kit. It just depends on what all comes with it and what you need.

Comment

Yes 99yam40 is right that carb kit includes parts for all three carbs.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X