1989 130hp controls and prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 130hp controls and prop?

Purchased '89 130hp and has no controls nor prop. What control unit should I buy (703?). How many pin would that control be? Should the control be push or pull?
    As for a prop well I'll be pushing 1k lb 1979 18' Starcraft SS (love this boat). Any suggestions? Size/pitch? New to the Yami world but looking forward and staying positive. I've heard nothing but good things with these late model 130's. Input? Thanks!

As far as controls go, it depends on your helm setup. If you have room on your helm then you can install a top mount binacle (704) but some use a sidecontrol on their helm (703). it mostly has to do with convienience of location. They should be 10 pin harness I believe. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I now know the different styles of control in relation to model #. What about the push or pull (choke?) style... which do I need for my year Yami? I heard that you can convert a push to a pull and/or pull to push. Is this true? Would I need to purchase any parts to complete this conversion? Thanks.
      Last edited by wmgraphics; 11-22-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

If you want the side mount use 703-48207-17-10 control box(comes with 16ft harness and key switch). If want the binnacle mount use 704-48205-P1-00 binnacle control and to use binnacle also will need 704-82570-08-00 key switch panel and 6X3-8258A-10-00 10 pin main harness.
        Not sure which pitch prop would work best, probably a 17 pitch.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X