f 115 losing rpms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f 115 losing rpms.

Hello all. I have a 2006 115 four stroke and it has developed a miss. I have covered the basics changed plugs , thought it might be fuel so ran it from another tank checked plug wires and nothing helps. But the confusing part is after you shut down and fish a while it might run on up to 5100 rpms and then it will start losing power and missing. Idles fine just under load gets worse. Thanks for any help.

Most of the time it's a fuel problem, fuel restriction between engine and gas tank, water in fuel, plugged fuel filters,need to run fuel pressure test to see if injectors are getting enough fuel.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

ok thanks and will kepp you posted.

Comment

Ok back from another trip with a poor running engine. Checked coils with meter and they were in spec. Checked fuel psi and it was good also. Ran engine under load while watching fuel psi during miss and stayed around 35psi.Any further advice as I have a few diagnostic tools on order .

Comment

hey!bro...u can test by test propeller,and how many rpm can get with unload,maybe injector stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by JUST-IN-TIME
            you need to plug it into YDS

i bet VST
            would love to if I had one lol. Have the flash type Yamaha scan tool coming if that does not give any clues will have to find one . What should I look for in the vst ?

Comment

Working...
            X