Rough idle/low speed 30hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough idle/low speed 30hp

I think I need to clean and and maybe rebuild the carbs on my 1997 30hp Yamaha, 30ELRV. The problem has occurred before and the marina has done this with success.

I'd like to so this work myself.Should I buy some parts from the Yamaha parts lists or something like a kit from Sierra? What parts should I replace? Will I need to sychronize the carbs after this work?

Any comments and help will be much appreciated,

Chuck

I just noticed that there is a carb repair kit (6J8-W0093-00-00) listed in the Yamaha repair kit #1 on the parts lists for this engine. Maybe I should get three of these kits. However, I don't know what is in the kits, and I notice other carburator parts in the repair kit #1. Why is this? Shouldn't the carb repair kit have all the parts I might need?

Chuck

Comment

That carb kit has the parts for all three carbs, you only need one kit. The parts numbered in diagram on Repair Kits 1 are the parts included in kit and should be all parts needed to rebuilt. You will need to sync linkage and adjust idle speed on reassemble.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, I failed to look at the diagram. I'll probably get a Seloc manual to cover the linkage adj.

Comment

The carb repair kit is quite a bargain.

The separate parts for 1 carb, as shown in the diagram and parts lists add up to $46 but the kit for 3 carbs is only $29.

Comment

I forgot to mention the fuel pump diaphrams, they are not included in carb kit but I would replace them while you have it apart.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

yep, I already have those in the cart

Comment

Kit has everything but the pilot screws

Comment

Working...
                X