1999 Yamaha V Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Yamaha V Max

I need help figuring out why the engine shuts down? when i prime the bulb it will get hard. The engine will run great until the fuel in the bowl starts going down. As long as i keep priming the bulb it will stay running. It's like i'm loosing prime or is it a fuel pump problem? It is fuel injected Thanks

Originally posted by rm220 View Post
    I need help figuring out why the engine shuts down? when i prime the bulb it will get hard. The engine will run great until the fuel in the bowl starts going down. As long as i keep priming the bulb it will stay running. It's like i'm loosing prime or is it a fuel pump problem? It is fuel injected Thanks
    rm220: don't want to jack your thread but I have been having the same problem, I changed out the fuel filter, and bulb, after that I got a 5 gallon can of gas, and another new bulb, hooked it directly to the filter and same thing bulb looses prime engine dies.
    Maybe someone can help both of us.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the info (just in time) It is a PX150TLRX I see it has two fuel pumps on it. Part #6E5-24410-10-00 #30 on diagram Qty2 is this what i need? they say that the ethenol in the fuel is messing up a bunch of this stuff on the outboards. I just purchased the boat so i will start running the fuel stabilizer. Thanks again.

Comment

Yes that is what you need(6E5-24410-10-00), replace both of them.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Be sure to get the gaskets, not sure if they're included with the pumps.
          1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
          1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
          X