Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serviced my VST, have some questions (F60)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serviced my VST, have some questions (F60)

I've had alot of fuel issues in the past, and finally got around to swapping the VST filter on my F60TLR. Major PITA taking everything apart. The placement of the bottom manifold bolt was in a near impossible position. I spent needless money buying different tools before I found the right kind of wrench (forget about using a standard ratchet), and had to recruit my fiance to stick half her forearm under the manifold to undo the bolt b/c her arms are skinny. Reassembly was a breeze (other than that one bolt) and I had no issues getting the VST gasket to stick.

Couple things I wanted you guys' input on:
    1) I wanted to service the VST pin and needle as per the service manual, but couldn't get the pin out so I skipped it. Any ramifications? I have no idea what these parts actually do.
    2) I could find no way around not disassembling the throttle body(left the rod connections in tact) when taking the manifold apart. I've read in other VST threads not to do this. Ramifications? Should I replace the gasket since I had it open?
    3) When I took the manifold off, I noticed the bottom chamber was a little more burned up than the other three above it. The corresponding fuel injector screen was gunked up where the other 3 were pretty clean. What is going on here? Will a simple cleaning do, or is there a deeper issue?

I appreciate the replies!

May need to check sync and linkage adjustments and TPS readings.
    Have a leak down test run on cylinder to see if intake valve is seating.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X