F150 oil pressure and temp gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 oil pressure and temp gauges

New boat, with 2010 F150. My first 4 stroke. Teleflex Lido analog gauges. I want to add water temp and oil pressure gauges to match (only room for 2 more gauges). Will they be plug and play with the Yamaha wiring harness, or will I have to run wire and new sending units. I'd rather have water pressure gauge, but thats not an electric gauge, need to run water tube back.

Also, the oil pressure gauge is available in 0-80psi, and 0-100psi. What's the normal oil pressure for an F150..

I'm thinking of the command link gauges, but just can't warm up to the digital display, and the need to switch between displays to get the info.

Thanks
    Gary
    Last edited by gct; 11-05-2009, 09:39 PM.

The Teleflex water will work but will need to use the Teleflex temp sensor and mount it on engine. The oil pressure gauge wont work, There is no oil pressure ports on engine block and the oil pressure sensor on engine wont operate the Teleflex oil pressure gauge.
    The Command Link gauges will show oil pressure and water temp on gauge on a F150 motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks,
      Like I said, this is my first 4 stroke. How important is it to monitor the engines vitals with gauges? I assume the F150 has alarms for oil pressure/level, temp, etc?

Gary

Comment

It will sound buzzer and reduce rpm's to 2000 if overheats or oil pressure is too low.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks....

Comment

Working...
          X