Looking for Repair Manual for 2004 Yam 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Repair Manual for 2004 Yam 50

I was hoping someone here could put me onto a good repair manual for my 2004 Yamaha 50 2stroke. I have the tools and would like to do most of the maintenence myself. Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Texcajun; 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM. Reason: add word

It is best to search the forums before asking questions to see if you find a answer already out there. read this one

Repair Manuals - iboats Boating Forums

Comment

I've got a 2006. Bought the Yam factory manual and was disappointed. Then purchased a Clymer(goes to 2002)

But the 50 has been around a long time.

So between both books... it gets the job done.

100% Better pics, descriptions,procedures, wiring diagrams in the Clymer.

Comment

Thanks Dorf,

It seems the 2004 and up is kinda hard to find. So what exactly are you suggesting. Do I need to purchase 2 manuals or will one of the ones you mentioned do the trick?
        And 99YAM40, I did research this forum before I posted along with quite a few others. The link you provided while well intentioned, was not very helpful. It appears there are a lot of people out there that are not happy with Yamaha's documentation on Yamaha products. And as stated in the previous paragraph, 2004 and up seem to be neglected. How fortunate for you, you have a '99.
        Figured that this forum was geared towards Yamaha, it would be the most helpful.
        Thanks again for the reponses and happy boating to all!

Comment

Again.. just my 2 cents ...But for the actual and year specific values, I would go with the Yam Factory manual.

But for understanding how it all ties together, I would go for the Clymer manual.

So.... Yes to both manuals. I'd try the Clymer first and for $39.00 or so, you just can't go wrong. And it is good easy reading.

This site has great exploded parts diagrams. Seems like Yam does not publish a paper parts book. Seems like they are missing DIY Sales.

Again ... just my 2 cents. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Texcajun View Post
            I was hoping someone here could put me onto a good repair manual for my 2004 Yamaha 50 2stroke. I have the tools and would like to do most of the maintenence myself. Any and all help would be appreciated.
            My understanding was that you were looking for a place to get a manual. There were several sites mentioned in that thread. Down load one from one of the sites or buy a hard copy. If you do not think it is what you were looking for, then get a different one. They are not that expensive and some people prefer having different ones just because of the way they are written. Some have said that public libraries may carry some manuals, so you could look at what they have and see if it the type you would want.
            Most are written for people that work on outboards and not for someone that has no knowledge at all, but then that is the time to start asking questions to get a better understanding about what you have read if you do not understand.
            Yamaha Factory service manuals are what the Yamaha techs use, but they have been at it for a while and do not need step by step instructions and pictures for everything, most of the time anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X