Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 200

Hi

I am starting to rebuild a Yamaha 200 for my own use. The motor is mistreated by vandals so it is missing most of it's electrics and the top carburetor. And lots of small parts that I will be ordering later.

What US model in boat.net part lists is the same as European 6G6 200 FETO (year code T). If I end up buying a used CDI from my friend can that be off a 225? Or will I need to have other 225 parts also, not just the 225 CDI? Throttle position sensor? The motor is missing the top carb so I don't know about the sensor. What years are the same? Will I add top end power using a 225 CDI and will I degrease it by using a 150 CDI? How is the mapping different?

I am happy to hear if someone is selling used parts of this kind of a motor.

Thanks, JJ

You'd be doing well to find someone with a similar motor with a blown powerhead who is selling it for parts. Good Luck!

Comment

The S200TLRU(1996) model is same as 200FETO 6G6-0350101 to 0350383.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Y200

Thanks. The motor is 6G6-508... The year code T should be for 2000.? Still the same? What is the difference between S200 and 200?

Thanks

>The S200TLRU(1996) model is same as 200FETO 6G6-0350101 to 0350383.

Comment

The 2000 model is S200TLRY, the S is for Saltwater series.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Saltwater series

I meant that is the saltwater series less powerfull and more durable? Like is there a different mapping in the CDI or something like that? Or is there a thicker zink coating on steel parts? Thicker paint...? Or are they all XL or U? I have to look at the part lists to see the lenghts. As you already see I have never had a V6 before :-). Don't know anything about them.

Thank you for your help

Comment

No it's about the same except for some stainless steel hardware like tilt tube.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Cylinder sleeve

Hi. Does anyone have a broken V6 cylinder block year 1996...2000...? I need cylinder sleeves. All the ones that I have are off older motors.

Does boats.net have new sleeves for sale? I don't see them in part lists.

Thanks

Comment

Sleeves

Or a broken V4 block?

Comment

Yamaha doesn't sell cylinder sleeves but some aftermarket company's sell them, check with your machine shop that re-bores outboard motors they probably can get them.
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                    X