Yamaha Grease Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Grease Types

My service manual makes mention of different types of grease to apply to different parts of my outboard....including, water-resistant grease (A), low-temp grease (C), and corrosion resistant grease (D).

When scouring the web, I only find one type of Yamaha marine grease available, and when looking at the properties it says waterproof, covers wide range of temps, and is corrosion resistant.

Will the one tube do for all the applications?

I use green Marine Grease, comes in a tube for my grease gun, for just about everything on and around the boat, trailer bearings, motor zerk fittings, prop shaft splines, etc. I guess being "Marine" would mean waterproof and corrosion resistant. So far, no problems at all with this grease. Walmart sells it for about $3/tube. I do use a spray white lithium grease for certain areas that I want to protect from salt water, like the tilt/trim motor/rods, trailer wheel lugs, etc....anywhere you want to coat with grease to stay there. It works especially well for that tilt/trim motor which is made of mild steel and prone to rust. I'm sure the Yamaha grease is good, but at what price? Good Luck!

Comment

I use the Mercury 2-4-C LUBE with teflon with good results.

All zerk fittings, prop shaft and everything that needs grease.

It's the best greasae going for saltwater environment.

Not cheap but good !

Comment

Hi,

i use Castrol LMX grease.

This grease is water resistant and is able to to work within a wide temperature interval.

more informations:

http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp...LMX_Grease.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X