Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water coming out of foot and top of drive shaft area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water coming out of foot and top of drive shaft area?

2005 115 2 smoke

Just changed the impeller and now I am finding water coming out of the hole that the speedo tube comes through on the foot and at a 1500 rpm idle it comes out at the top of the drive shaft area. Prior to the impeller swap I did inspect these areas and found no water coming out from them

I have pulled the LU again and everything looks good. I pulled the front hood and lower cowling cover and it's not coming from the engine but looks like it's coming up the drive shaft housing???

Here is a link to pics of the area i'm speaking of

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=457107
    Last edited by sigma; 11-02-2009, 01:18 PM.

That is normal, water exiting engine goes through mid housing and out the prop and you will see water come out several holes when motor is out of the water.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for your input, the bottom doesnt bother me to much but the water coming from under the front cowl apron sure does. This is water that looks to be coming up from the shaft or ???

Comment

Pull the apron off and see if can see where it's leaking.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I did pull the apron and from what I cas see it either has to be coming from up the drive shaft channel or the motor and being that I have looked at the motor and it's good it has to be coming of the shaft or from the water pipe.

Good water pressure and checked the LU twice???

Comment

If you have good water pressure then it's probably not the inlet water tube. Could be a bad gasket on powerhead adapter plate.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X