2000 90 tlry Yamaha help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 90 tlry Yamaha help!!!

Yesterday my engine just started shutting down it has been running a bit rough at idle and figured it was time to change the plugs. Purchased plugs and changed before yesterdays trip ran so so at shop. Dropped her in the water and away we went, after we got up and ran for about 3 minutes it started surging. I figured maybe it was the fuel filter so I chanhed it went back to running it and it ran ok... got it up and 3 min. later it bogged down and limped to the ramp needless to say unhappy clients.

When I got home I pulled the plugs and they were soaked with gas... so I pulled the carbs and disasembled and cleaned no trash at all.... I am very anal when it comes to my boat lol after all it is my life. Put it all back together and cranked it and idled good for 2 min. and started smoking like it was running super rich, ran up the rpms and it smoothed out and then started banging out liked it is dropping cylinders.... checked all electrical connections they are good... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....

Travis Waite

sounds like bad fuel pump diaphragm allowing lots of fuel to be sucked into crankcase/engine, very rich, wet plugs. Remove fuel pump, check it out, new one is about $45, easy fix. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      sounds like bad fuel pump diaphragm allowing lots of fuel to be sucked into crankcase/engine, very rich, wet plugs. Remove fuel pump, check it out, new one is about $45, easy fix. Good Luck!
      Thanks will do ive been pulling my hair lol what little is left and driving my wife crazy... hope that fixes it.... anything i should look for hole or crack????

Travis

Comment

one thing i did notice is i though it was running out of fuel so i sqeezed the ball on the fuel line and it choked out....

Travis

Comment

Well that was it they should keep this one on file..... your awsome.... I pulled the pump and sre enough the rear clear diaphragm was cracked all the way around the circle... Going to order part to fix.....

Travis

Lagoon Fishing Charters and Custom Rods....

Comment

Working...
          X