Winterizing 200HP HPDI (2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing 200HP HPDI (2005)

I know everyone saysto look at the manual, but there are some steps missing. For those of us in the North east, winterizing is of great importance. Here are my questions...

1)there is a port that looks like where you would place a bycicle pump. If I am not mistaken , this is for the fogging oil. Am I correct?

2) I fogged it this year by removing the intake cowling ans sprayed fogging oil into each intake until it almost stalled. yet I never saw any smoke... I also injected some into each spark plug hole. 1/2 a can of fogging oil is gone. if I did not see any smoke, did I do enough?

3) I used marine antifreeze to cool the engyn during fogging. Pink anti freeze came out of the lower unit but I never saw anything come out of the pisser. Is there a war to tell if I got enough into the head? Should I then drain it and blow it out with a compressor?

4) what and where is a VST? I see many forums that say to drain it.

The Schrader valve on top of VST is for fuel pressure checks not for adding fogging oil. You will want to drain that tank(VST) below that valve of all fuel, there is drain screw at bottom of tank. You have fogged it correctly.
    Here is storage steps Off Season Storage.doc
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Very nice. thanks for the info. I with the owners manual has all this... any suggestions on how to pump enough anti freeze into the power head? I used a drill powered pump attached to the flush device and a syphen hose in the antifreeze bottle. It was pumping out of the lower end but not the "pisser".

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the information, I'm also in the North East region (Boston) and this is my first winter. I have a 91 225 Yamaha and Today I was adding antifreeze to the engine but never saw it coming out the pisser, and I'm still wondering if this is standard.
        Thanks!!

Comment

Thanks JIT!
          I was searching through the posts but I couldn't find if the condition of not having antifreeze coming out from the pisser when adding from the water inlet at the ower unit is normal for my 1991 xtrp 225
          Any help appreciated
          Also I do not get to see the VST?

Comment

JIT
            Thank you very much for your prompt responses and help!!! I had put some antifreeze on the water intake but not for long (less than a minute) and since I didn't see it coming out I turn the engine off.
            Prior to that, I had warm up the engine and apply fogging oil to the carbs and around the engine. I saw the smoke coming out when applied but never felt stall.
            when warming up I got the temperature alarm off, could it be caused due to I had fill up completely the oil tank?
            JIT anything else that I should do to the engine before the winter
            Thanks

Comment

i'm repowering a boat with a yamaha 115 4s that had an evinrude e-tec and am having problems figuring out the difference in wire colors. i have a 4 wire harness that is labeled "to engine" and "to guages" at opposite ends with a pink, gray, green, and green/red wire. what are these wires for? i don't have the harness to plug them into at the guage end and don't know what each wire is for. tried searching and found this forum very informative, but couldn't find the answer. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X