Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yamaha 225, cylinder cutting out, tach to 0rpm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 225, cylinder cutting out, tach to 0rpm?

I have twin 225, ox66, efi. Intermittant Problem is with port engine. Starts fine, idles fine, when getting up on plane, will run fine to about 3000 rpm, when the boat planes off at say 3500, the port engine seems to quickly lose some power (like one cylinder not firing) and the tach, rpm's go to zero on the meter....first time it happened I thought the engine cut out....but I know what it feels like running with just one engine and its clearly running two engines, just losing some power.

I would not say it surges like you get with a fuel issue, but its almost like the cylinder will fire and you can feel slight bursts and the tach may go up a bit, to say 1600 rpm, and then back to zero....almost like a switch on/off

when I back off the throttle, to say 1800 rpm, the tach will kick back up and i'm fine at 2000...

but its intermittant....that's happened twice the last two times out, but each time after it happened, I ran idle for a while, and then kicked up the throttle and I ran for 30 mintes at 4100,, and WOT with no problems

I'd like to understand what/where the tach is measuring, to go down to zero, engine still running, and then jump back up when I back off the throttle.

The tach signal comes from ECU. Check all ground wire connections are clean and tight.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Similar issue

I have single 225; that above 2700 RPM loses power unless I stay at <2700 RPM.

Did you reslove your issue??

Comment

Working...
      X