Two Stroke Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Stroke Oil

Are yamaha ob (S150) that picky as I've been hearing about the brand of 2 stroke oil you use in them?

I have been using striclkly yamalube. I did try some off brands but found they made the engine smoke more and built up carbon faster. Others guys I know run off brand and have no issues. If you price a 55 gallon drum of yamalube to the other brands the cost is about the same as buying per gallon.

Comment

Where and how much does 55gl cost?

Comment

Here is link to price, call boats.net at 877-408-1499 for shipping cost.
        ACC-Y2MTC-W3-55 Yamaha 2M, 55 Gal.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have a p150 and have always used Yamalube up until a little over a year ago. I have tried several off the shelf bands and have noticed very little difference. As a matter of fact I have found that some off the more expensive brands that are semi synthetic such as Yamalube tend to foul my plugs much quicker. I just decarbed my motor and had no noticeable build up after more than a year of using brands that were on sale. I just purchased a bunch of Pennzoil Premium Plus at Sam's club for $6.99 a gallon and it runs just as good as any of the other brands I have tried and smokes about the same.

What I found to be the most crazy thing about trying different brands is that the Wal-Mart Supertech brand seemed to be the best. It had very little smoke and I fouled no plugs and I ran the motor most of the summer with that stuff. I hate that store and try not to spend my money there or at Sam's, but times are tough. I'll probably refill some empties with bulk Yamalube at one of the local marinas, but would not hesitate to use a good off the shelf brand unless you have an HPDI or other direct injected type motor.

Comment

Thanks Brisco, I have had used various brands too in my 140 Rude without any noticeable difference except some smoke a little less.

Comment

For what it is worth..

I switched to 100% Synethic Penzoil in a 2 stroke jet ski... no carbon on plugs and they run extremely clean. does smoke some

Yamalube 2M suposed to be semi-synthetic

Comment

I've been a penzoil user on my vehicles for years and been extremly happy with their product. Just used my first gl of their 2 stroke syn on my old motor too. Ran just fine but I know it hard to tell from just 1 gl.

Comment

i've been using walmart's supertech, call me cheap but it works just as good as yamalube for 11 bucks a gal. checked my plugs at the end of season and they are fine. I also run seafoam once in a while.

Comment

Thanks alex3012red, I also read that many others are using super tech with no issues too. Just started using seafoarm for decarbbing too, great stuff!

Comment

Working...
                    X