Service Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Manual

Has anyone else purchased a genuine yamaha service manual and been a little surprised at the lack of steps and procedures in it for a nearly $90 manual?

Please I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but I have purchased a few manuals in my time and I was a little surprised at this one.

Example changing water pump: manual states to remove lower unit! It doesn't say to watch as your lowering it to disconnect pitot tube, etc. Anyway that is just one example again not trying to bash yamaha just doesn't seem to be written for a DYI boat owner.

You are not alone in your findings.

I'm happy with Clymer Manuals....lots of info, descriptions, pictures and wiring diagrams.

Best deal around and less expensive.

Comment

Thanks Dorf. The reason I didn't buy the Clymer was when I bought one for my evinrude it lacked alot and I bought a Evinrude service manual that was one of the best manuals I've ever used.

There is another manual out there from Seloc(not sure of spelling) but I'n not familar with it either. Looks like I'll be buying some additional reading material.

Comment

The Seloc does give better discriptions and pictures. I have both and go between them to get a better understanding.

Comment

Thanks JF, guess my library just got bigger.

Comment

Me three, Ken52.

I do as much of my own servicing, repair and maintenance as I can on my cars, garden tractor, lawn mower, leaf blower, outboard motors, etc., and I am a dedicated believer in having the factory manual in hand before I do anything. The Yamaha service manual for our OX66 225 leaves more to the imagination than any manual I have purchased.

Comment

I'm the same way Kingfish, I get my hands into everything too. I worked on fighter jets weapon systems years ago for the Navy and learned howto troubleshoot pretty good and wasn't to bad with a wrench either. Problem now days is nobody want's or knows how to repair stuff let alone try to find parts cheaper than replacing it. That's what is really messed up!

Comment

Working...
              X