Yahama fuel joint issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahama fuel joint issue

I'm a first time owner of a used Yahama 90 2001, 2 cycle oil injected motor. I pulled the female fuel connection out and parts of the device that it plugs into on the engine came out with the female fuel connector. The female fuel connector o-ring pulled it out. I think the device it plugs into is called the fuel joint. There was a brass cylinder and a thin metal needle on a plastic part that has a spring on the back of it that came out with the female fuel connection. I have the service manual but it doesn't have a picture of the fuel joint parts. It just calls it the engine fuel joint. Is this to be expected when you take the fuel connector off or is the fuel joint bad or is there a set screw thats loose? I replaced the parts like I thought it should go and the engine started. I have an internal boat tank and the female fuel joint was probably never removed in a long time before this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sli22sli

That fuel joint"quick disconnect" really needs to be in good working order to insure no air in-leakage there, which can give you real operating problems. If you have doubts about it then probably need to replace it. I've heard of folks just eliminating that fitting with a piece of gas hose from your primer bulb to inside the cowling.

Comment

If you are talking about the plastic quick release then it neets to be in good shape i just got one frim walmart $5.00 cant beat that

Comment

just a problem waiting to happen, get a new piece of hose and run from ball/separator to motor filter.

Comment

I find it's handy to keep it so that you can run a small 3 gal tank with Seafoam or Ringfree to clean out the motor. Be sure to get the right size if you decide to keep it.

Comment

Not trying to take thread over but how much seafoam to 3gl fuel do you mix?

Comment

Seafoam,,,This is the BEST stuff I have ever bought I use it in all my motors,, when i use it in my outboard its every 50 hours the way to decarb your motor is

MIX in a portable tank
              1can seafosm
              1 gallon gas
              2.6 oz 2cyc oil

You are going to smoke up the hole block so pick a windy day

Hook it up on a hose bib,, run the mix for 20mins let sit for 20mins continue till gas is gone WARNING ..if you have a nice driveway put down a piece of pywood because after sitting for a while a ton of black gumie carbon will slowlly come out ...Check out utube hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X