'88 200 hp V6 questions.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '88 200 hp V6 questions.........

Hey folks - I'm a new owner of a used 1988 200hp outboard. I'm a bass fisherman from Iowa and use it in freshwater only. Basically stated I don't know much about outboards and am looking for a little help. My outboard looks very clean, the only thing noticable is a little oil on the bottom of the housing or cowell (looks like little black buggers under the motor). I don't have any problems starting the motor up when I put in at the dock but after I run out to a spot and turn it off, it has trouble starting after it sits for half an hour or longer. It sounds like it engages but just won't kick over. After a couple of tries it will start and there is a moderate ammount of smoke coming out. Is this something I should be concerned about? I would like it to start up the first time everytime. Thanks for any help!

Lambo,
    If you haven't already done so - new plugs and fuel filter. Also, after motor has been off for half an hour, try pumping fuel bulb again to make sure you are not losing prime.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X