Fuel Injector problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injector problem

I took to the shop 05 225 4 strokes for skip in port engine, found out after 800 dollars the fuel injectors were dirty. Yamaha did not cover it paid 5000 for extended warrenty. I guess I need to send bill to our lawmakers!!! I keep ring free & marine Stabil in gas @ all times. Yes tanks stay full I live in fl & next time I repower I will make sure there warr covers dirty injectors!!!
    Last edited by walding; 10-27-2009, 08:04 AM.

I do not believe any warranty will cover putting bad fuel through a motor.
    The injectors do not get dirty from magic, the crud has to come from somewhere, its up to you to keep it out.

Comment

How do you suggest keeping the fuel clean,do you have a magic fuel station!!

Comment

If the filters were all replaced according to Yamaha schedule at the dealership try talking with them to see if they will absorb some of the cost for the repair. It really no ones fault just part of the whole boating experience.

Comment

Maybe add the Racor 2 micron fuel/water seperators, might help a lot on injectors, other filters/screens on that motor. Good Luck!

Comment

I talk to yamaha warrenty dept and there reply was we don't cover that!! I figured as much but next time, I repower I will take that into consideration.

Comment

Working...
            X