F115 4 STROKE LOOSING POWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 4 STROKE LOOSING POWER

I HAVE TWO F-115 4 STROKES ON MY 25 FT. BOAT.THE PORT ENGINE OFTEN STARTS SKIPPING, DROPS RPM TO ALMOST IDLE. THIS HAPPENS SOMETIMES UPON ACCELLERATION. SOMETIMES WHEN I'M JUST RUNNING AT CRUISE. SOMETIMES WHEN I HIT A BIG WAVE IN ROUGH SEAS. I CAN PULL THE THROTAL BACK TO IDLE POSITION FOR A FEW SECONDS, THEN PUSH FORWARD TO ACCELLERATE AND THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY...UNTILL THE NEXT TIME IT HAPPENS. IT NORMALLY HAPPENS SEVERAL TIMES DURING A DAYS FISHING. HAD NEW PLUGS, NEW OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. NEW FUEL FILTERS.IT'S A 2003 AND STILL IN WARRANTY, BUT THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT CAN'T SEEM TO FIX IT. ANY SUGESTIONS??????????

It would have checked on the water with the computer hooked up to it in order to find problem
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Sounds like a fuel deliver problem. You have enough fuel to run at idle and under low load, but every time the engine has more of a load it uses more fuel(what's available in the float bowls. You throttle back, the carbs get a chance to fill back up, and the problem goes away. These are carb engines, right? (not fuel injection?) It could be as simple as a kinked line, or hard to find as a delaminating fuel line(internal to the fuel line). This can still happen on a fuel injected engine, as the rail pressure will drop.

Comment

Working...
      X