Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed sensor - no gauge - dirt in sensor unit / tube

Hi,

have any of you had problems with dirt in the sensor unit / tube resulted in no speed gauge in the Yamaha instrument ?

What have you done to solve it ?

(Engine: F100 DET).

I have already mounted GPS for gauging the speed in the Yamaha instrument, but it could be usable also to gauge the speed through the water.

Just have to clean debris out of pickup hole, if running in muddy or shallow water may not be able to keep it cleaned out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the mail.

I have separated the tube (in the lowest link) and tried to blow. When i'm blowing (from the top of the engine) in the upper part of the tube, the air goes through.

When i'm blowing in the lower part (going to gear) the air does not go through (i have unmounted the plastic pieces with ribs to feel the air). Should the air also just pass through this part of the tube, or should the air block through this part when i'm blowing ?

My engine has been stopped when i have done this work.

Comment

The speedo pickup is on the front edge of gearcase and that is where air would come out a few inches below cavitation plate on front of housing.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,

thanks !

I'm not sure that i know where the speedo pickup hole is. Is it where you have the 2 plastic pieces on each side of the gearbox ?

Maybe you know a place on the net showing the speedo pickup hole ?

Comment

Speedo pick up hole location for cleaning out: Yamaha Motors: BBC Boards

Comment

Working...
            X