Oil thined by gas in only 30 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil thined by gas in only 30 hours

2001 F25ELHZ engine. In 30 hours of running time I noticed the oil had thinned out. I drained it and sure enough it was thinned by gasoline. However, the oil level was not too high. The engine has about 430 hours on it and it runs so sweet after an oil change. Is it time for a new fuel pump? The thermostat has been changed. I always use yamalube 10W30. I would rather use 10W40. Any recommendations on what brand for 10W40 oil?

Thanks to all.

please help

C'mon guys, she did not uused to thin the oil like that before. Please give me your input. I should mention that when I prime the fuel line the ball does get firm.

Comment

Could be a bad fuel pump(remove it and pump primer bulb to see if gas leaking out of it) or float valve in carb sticking open and flooding out.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, I will check both. Again, thanks for the input.

Comment

Why Not Use Yamalube 10w-40?

Comment

Don't make it any more

I would, however, Yamalube no longer comes in 10W40. Only 20W40 and 10W30. I could be wrong.

Comment

Yamaha only has the 10W40 in Watervehicle(waverunner) oil, LUB-10W40-WV-12 10W-40 4W WATERCRAFT
              The outboard is
              LUB-10W30-FC-12 10W30 MARINE FC-W 12, case of 12 quarts
              LUB-20W40-FC-12 20W40 MARINE FC-W 12, case of 12 quarts
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

yamalube

Thanks for the info, that is what I thought. Unfortunately I belive that an older motor is better off using the 10W40 oil.and it is not avaliable. What's a good alternative? (brandwise) and no , I don't want to use a synthetic product.
                Thanks.

Comment

Tested

I just removed the two bolts holding the fuel pump onto the engine, squeezed the priming ball till hard, no gas came out of the pump, does that eliminate the pump as the potential problem?
                  How should I check for a bad carb float?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Fuel pump is ok. You would need to remove and clean carbs, If there is fuel inside float replace it.
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                    X