F60 2005 No spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60 2005 No spark

I have a 4 stroke 2004/5 FT60 DETL (EFI) Yamaha. Been an awesome motor since new (150 hours) Serviced just recently. Always starts (till now). I go to start it but it wont start. Turns over but no spark. Checked all fuses (that I can find) and checked ignition safety lanyard and still wont start. Plenty of fuel. Batteries well charged (above 9 volts). Forward controls.
    What could it be? How could I check if there is a spark problem? I have tryed sticking screwdriver in spark lead!!

Steve
    Sydney, Australia
    Last edited by giffo; 10-17-2009, 08:50 AM.
    "Thank your mother for the rabbits" Quote by Rex Hunt. The Aussie fishing expert on TV in Australia

battery should be 12 Volts or over. 9 volts will not let it spark

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      battery should be 12 Volts or over. 9 volts will not let it spark
      Thanks for the reply. batteries are 12 volts or just under. I just remembered that I put new LCD starboard/port lights in. If I mixed the wires up (+ -) the wrong way will this cause engine not to fire???

Giffo
      "Thank your mother for the rabbits" Quote by Rex Hunt. The Aussie fishing expert on TV in Australia

Comment

you do need 12 + volts, try using a charger or jump with an additional battery.

=

Comment

F60 No Spark

Charging as we speak. There is plenty of volts though. i have never had probs with starting before. Only after putting the new lights in. Will disconnect them and see what happens today.

Steve

Originally posted by jb123 View Post
          you do need 12 + volts, try using a charger or jump with an additional battery.

Charging as we speak. There is plenty of volts though. i have never had probs with starting before. Only after putting the new lights in. Will disconnect them and see what happens today.

Steve

=

Comment

Well all, woke up early this morning after dreaming about the problem. Removed all accessory wires from batteries and just left main engine wires.

And guess what????????????????? It started Yippee......
            So the moral of the story............. check wire polarity when taking wires on and off batteries. I actually reversed polarity on one pair of wires. So simply done. And done this many times. Must of been day dreaming!!

Comment

Working...
            X