Dual Engine Dual 704 Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Engine Dual 704 Controls

I recently bought a boat with a tower. I have 704 controls top and bottom. There is a box on each side that takes top and bottom throttle and shift cables and converts them to a single throttle and shift cable which goes to the engine (89 200s). On the Port side, I cannot shift into gear top or bottom. Does anyone know what kind of cables these are? Could both the top and bottom throttle have gone bad? I have checked the cable that goes from the box to the engine and it works fine. Does anyone know where I can find how to take the box or the 704 apart?

Thanks for any help.

unhook from motor to see where the lock up lies, then for the double 704,theres 4 black machine screws around the perimeter of the black cover,remove those,put 1 forward and 1 reverse and lift off black cover. there are your mount screws,remove those then yhere are 3 approx 3" bolts runnin sideways thru the box underneath,take those out and the 2 will split,remove the black cover s to access your cable ends. I have never worked on a dual station and i would assume your problem might be with the junction box.

Comment

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks,
                  I removed the cable going between the junction box and the engine, and it seems to be fine. I would suspect the juction box, because a top and bottom cable failure would be coincidental, but you never know. I will take a 704 box apart this weekend.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X