T9.9 Running Rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T9.9 Running Rough

My 9.9 four stroke will start beautifully and run well at any RPM for 4 to 7 minutes. Then it starts to miss fire badly at anything above idle and stinks like gas. It it will keep this up for maybe 10 minutes, then eventually clear itself and run beautifully again at any RPM for hours and hours. When it is miss-firing, it seems like it is not getting enough air. Been through all the carb cleaning steps. Gas is not the issue since I have been dealing with this for two years and many tanks of gas. Both plugs have good spark consistently and both cylinders have reasonable compression. Seems like something electronic to me. I do not really understand how the three stage carb and enrichment solenoid all work together. The mixture problem only seems to kick in right after the engine has warmed up and when in the intermediate and high speed ranges since it will idle pretty smoothly at all times. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

It could be a problem with the prime starter or ignition system breaking down. Have the prime starter tested.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X