harness ends are cut off - slice help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harness ends are cut off - slice help

Ok, harness it not going to work. I have no plug on the engine side as it is a used engine and someone apparently has cut the plug off.

I want to hook up this trim gauge and need to know if I am hooking up the right wires.

There is a pink, black, orange and gray that is taped together at the engine. I have traced the orange, black and pink to the trim sender at the mount in tnt.

My trim gauge has a yellow/red(ignition power), pink/red, orange/red, black from gauge to plug for harness. (I know the black and blue are for light)

Question: is it simple enough to just hook the black to ground, pink to pink/red, orange to orange/red for meter and splice yellow/red into my yellow switch control (that is fused)?

What is the grey wire? I shows in the rigging guide to go to the harness plug, but like I said, there is no plug end (cut off).

Adjust meter as the Clymer manual states and then I am good to go?
    Last edited by texaswildman; 10-15-2009, 12:47 PM.

Yes that should work, the grey wire you wont need it's for overheat light on digital gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Cool! Thanks again. Between this site, the Clymer and my 2000 rigging guide I should be good to go on this yami. New animal as I have been a Johnson/Evinrude man for years.

If I can help anyone with 2000 60hp issues please ask.

Comment

Working...
      X