S150 T&T Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S150 T&T Trouble

I just purchased a boat with a 1999 S150TXRX motor. The T&T doesn't work and I haven't gotten a repair manual yet.

Is there a troubleshooting guide to start with to determine if it's electrical or hydralic problem? I have digital & analog meters, just don't know where to begin.

Also who sells a good repair manual specific to my motor? Don't want a clymer manual, way to vague and not enough details.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Kenny

Have you tried trim switch on controls and trim switch on engine? Does electric motor on trim run or do you hear clicking noise at engine when push trim switch? Check fuses on engine and battery cable connections are good, check ground wires at trim relay.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Will try your suggestions. Is there a specific fuse on the engine for the T&T?

Comment

Was checking out the wiring harness under the helm and saw a large 8 pin connector. When I disconnected the plug I noticed there was quite a bit of corrosion on the contacts. I have some good electrical cleaner/lubricant, so I need to really clean up the connections and check all to see if they are in the same condition. I gotta believe this would also cause a failure too. Will advise on progress.

Comment

Working...
        X