Yamaha HPDI 150hp 2001 digital gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha HPDI 150hp 2001 digital gauges

I am just purchasing a Yamaha HPDI 150hp 2001 with the 3 standard digital speed, tacho & fuel management gauges. I would like to do two things:

1) use a BEP Marine Ultrasonic tank sender (Ultrasonic Tank Sender - Tank Level Gauges - BEP Marine) - I haven't been able to find out if they are compatable, and

2) hook my Yamaha into my Simrad CX44 Navstation (CX44 NavStation) for engine & fuel management - this requires NMEA 2000 - does a 2001 HPDI provide input via NMEA to external devices?

Thanks for your help. John - the Fisher from Down-Under

The BEP should work with Yamaha gauge, all USA fuel gauges including Yamaha operate with a 30-230 ohm fuel level sender.
    That motor is not NMEA 2000 compatable, the Yamaha fuel management gauge will connect to GPS NMEA 0183 output for speed signal.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, I will give the BEP Marine Ultrasonic sender a go and let you know if it works - would be good if it does as it takes into account the shape of the tank i.e. mine fits the shape of the hull and isn't square.

In terms of the fuel management gauge, is it clear where to input the connection to a 'GPS NMEA 0183 output' for speed signal?

Also a new question, does a 2001 150 HPDI have built in to them the Voltage Management Systems for charging two batteries (the starting battery & the house battery) - apparently latter models do but not sure when this starts?
      Thanks again - John - the Fisher from Down-Under

Comment

Working...
      X