Running F250B engine in garage can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running F250B engine in garage can

I have a F250B and wanted to make sure my onboard DC charger is operating correctly (when engine is running). Is it safe to run the engine when inside of a garbage can full of water so I can test my DC system? I'm not planning to rev the engine or run longer than a couple minutes.......

Thanks.....

its safe i do all the time

Comment

Flush muffs ?

You don't have any flush muffs ? Or its a neighborhood where noise is a problem? I occasionally run mine in a Rubbermaid 100 gallon tub, no problem as long as I don't turn the motor or the prop hits the side of the tub. But yes you can run it in a big garbage can if it will fit, and the water level will cover the lower unit. It takes a while to warm the water up to where it would be a cooling problem anyway. Think of how long it takes to warm up the water in your home water heater. What you have to watch for is the tell-tale pee hole spraying all your water out, because it shoots outside the tub and onto the ground. So just make sure you don't run it so long that it depletes the water level too much.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
      X