Removing Yamaha TnT Motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Yamaha TnT Motor?

On a 93 Yam 250 can the TnT motor be removed without removing the whole TnT unit or engine from the boat?

Thanks

Got the same issue on this thread
    http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...s-th11458.html

I will be watching this close as I have one stupid bolt that is going to cause me a lot of work

Comment

The back bolt for motor are not easy to get out, you can remove bolts that hold transom bracket to transom and bolts on trim unit and loosen tilt tube nut and slide bracket over to get access it.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What a pain! I was hoping I could pull the engine off of the boat an inch and get to it.

Comment

You can remove engine if you have the means of lifting a 250 motor.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks

The engine is mounted on a bracket and the bolts are long. i was hoping to loosen the nuts and slide the engine back enough to get the last bolt out. What do you think?

Comment

Salty,

Let me know if it works because on Saturday that was my exact plan of action to get mine back on. I guess you read not to try to pry a socket into there because I broke off the ear of my trim motor like that. Lucky it only broke the bolt hole ear instead of something major.

Comment

If the engine was on a stand would i be able to get that last bolt out without removing the starboard mounting bracket?

Comment

Anyone????

Comment

With a 1/4 drive wobble socket may be able to get it. You don't have to remove the bracket just loosen steering tube nut and slide bracket over 1/2 inch or so.
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                    X