115 -1996- yamaha 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 -1996- yamaha 2 stroke

Hi all. Iam new to this forum from australia.* I* have got a yamaha 1996 model. Everytime i take it out it plays up on me. It has been serviced 4 weeks ago. It seems to be a fuel problem i think.** When you open the throttle she works ok for about 30 seconds then it seems just to die down in revs and the motor seems to chugg. When you put in neutral and leave it for a few seconds then it seems to be ok again .*It is never the same distance it plays up.* Changed the filter , new fuel containers , breathers open, and the sprk plugs are the same colour* on all fours.* Tried to remove the spark plug leads one by one number four seems not to make much difference when i removed* it. *All the compressions are fine on all cylinders.** It starts just fine idles ok but when under load it seems to break down . *I was thinking it may be the coil lead or* something else.** Any help would be appreciated .*cheers narced

Fitted brand new petrol pump.
    Last edited by narced50; 10-11-2009, 04:51 AM.

May have a fuel restriction in fuel system , try running on a 6 gallon tank and hose to eliminate boat fuel system.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yep sure did. Both carbs were stripped down and found the were full of rust and also fine grit.

The wiring harness had a split in the power wire and it corroided . That caused the motor to cut out when hitting a wave.

The battery cut out box was faulty , replaced all the wires positive and negative.

New fuel tanks , took the under floor tank out.
      New fuel lines
      New petrol pump
      New filters .

Fixed the problem . Goes good now on full power.
      6 meter haines hunter used to be an abalone boat with twin 60 hp yamahas
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X